Kalypso Media and Limbic Entertainment have announced that PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players can now play Tropico 6. The console version of the game comes in two versions, Standard and El Prez. Each comes with the base game while the former also includes some in-game perks.
The console version of the game has been optimized for both the XB controller and the Dualshock 4 controller. Players will be able to play single-player, cooperative multiplayer, or in competitive multiplayer called Prez vs Prez.
About the console version of Tropico 6
El Presidente is back! Prove yourself once again as a feared dictator or peace-loving statesman on the island state of Tropico and shape the fate of your very own banana republic through four distinctive eras.
On consoles, all previous improvements and optimizations from the PC version are carried over – made possible by close co-operation with the community, as well as a lot of finetuning in development. The console version also comes with an array of new content and fixes, including:
- Four new traits for El Presidente
- New edicts (e.g. Free Housing)
- New overlays
- Special effects of buildings are visualized
- Revised balancing (e.g. tourism, media building)
- Revised pathfinding for Tropicans
- New variations for parks and squares
- New decoration: Space Monument
- New customization options for El Presidente
- Color-blind mode
- More than 300+ bugfixes
Learn more on the Tropico 6 official site.