Break out the doorstops, folks! It appears that even the lowliest of ancient systems will be able to run The Coalition’s Gears 5! According to one savvy Twitter user, the Steam PC minimum specs only require WINDOWS 7! That’s right — not 8, not 10 — 7!
— ProGear360 (@ProGear360) August 20, 2019
Keep in mind that this doesn’t mean the Microsoft Store PC version. It specifically states that Windows 10 is a requirement for the game even as the minimum.
About Gears 5
- Three-player Campaign Co-op: Battle alongside your friends in three-player online or split-screen co-op.
- Tours of Duty: Rank up from new recruit to four-star general in Gears Tours of Duty. Take on new and exciting challenges, earn awesome rewards, and show off your loot.
- Boot Camp: New to Gears or just a little rusty? Bootcamp is a fun way to learn the ropes, from the basics to advanced combat techniques.
- Play as Jack: Play as Jack, your personal flying support bot that can protect allies and damage enemies – perfect for players new to Gears.
- Visual Showcase: Play every mode in 4K and HDR at a smooth 60 frames per second on compatible machines