Remember when V-Rally was the absolute BEST rally game you could play on the PSOne? Maximum Games remembers (said in the Pepperidge Farm commercial voice). And it just so happens that they, along with developers Kylotonn and Bigben are bringing the venerable series out of retirement. Check the trailer above!
Absent since 2003, the epic title is now making its big comeback with more than 50 models of emblematic rallying and extreme motorsports vehicles. Nostalgic players can collect, upgrade, customize, and master the favorite cars, three of which can be seen in today’s trailer – a Porsche 911 Safari, a Ford Mustang and a Ford Fiesta RS RX.
V-Rally was first released in 1997 on PlayStation 1, revolutionizing the genre with 3 game modes and a selection of real-world vehicles and famous tracks. Some years later, on PlayStation 2, V-Rally 3 released to huge success, adding a career mode with decisive team choices and an even greater number of tracks.
V-Rally 4 features:
– Rally: From Africa to Sequoia Park and Japan, travel the world along difficult tracks and in extreme conditions, such as snow, ice, and mud.
– Extreme-Khana: You’ll have to be a master of precision and drifting on these tracks full of pitfalls.
– V-Rally Cross: Leave your opponents in the dust on these dirt and asphalt tracks and take on 7 expert adversaries.
– Buggy: Hop into your all-terrain vehicle to win the race on these particularly rugged tracks. Not for the faint of heart!
– Hillclimb: Race to the top behind the wheel of powerful cars.
You can also prove yourself in V-Rally 4‘s Online and Career modes.