Steel Mantis and Digital Uppercut sent out a word about their new 2D Action Platformer Valfaris. The developers describe the game as heavy-metal infused space saga destined to loudly go where no-one has gone before.
The fortress of Valfaris has re-appeared at the orbit after mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts. Once a paradise, now the Citadel plays host to growing darkness. Proud and fearless son of Valfaris named Therion returns home to uncover the truth as well as challenge the evil at the heart of the fortress.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
The game will launch in 2018 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. You can find out more about the game by visiting its Steam page as well as checking out the video above.