Developer Iron Gate and publisher Coffee Stain Publishing continue sharing more details about Hearth & Home update coming to survival RPG Valheim. Previously, the team outlined the changes happening to the food system, and now the devs are here to explain the new health vs. stamina balance.
The new food system will split the benefits from consumables into food and stamina, but what does it mean for your gameplay? If you like dealing damage, you can continue focusing on eating the stamina food. But if you prefer to tank, you might want to choose the health food as the blocking power is going to be based on your maximum health number. Health also affects the new stagger bar you can see in action in the video above.
Valheim: Hearth & Home update is slated to launch in Q3 2021.
Your trials begin at the disarmingly peaceful centre of Valheim, but the gods reward the brave and glory awaits. Venture forth through imposing forests and snow-capped mountains, explore and harvest more valuable materials to craft deadlier weapons, sturdier armor, viking strongholds and outposts. Build a mighty longship and sail the great oceans in search of exotic lands … but be wary of sailing too far…
- Huge procedurally-generated world – explore and inhabit mystical lands, from mysteriousforests to imposing snow-topped mountain ranges and stunning meadows, complete with their own creatures of legend to battle and wildlife to hunt.
- Co-op PvE (2-10 players) – – Whether you want to brave the lands alone or venture with trusted allies, Valheim supports independent, player-hosted servers and unlimited world creation. We recommend playing co-op with 3-5 players.
- Punishing dodge & block based combat system with a wide range of weapons
- Build & sail ships – from flimsy rafts to imposing warships, build legendary vessels to conquer the seas and discover new lands.
- Summon and defeat vengeful primordial bosses of myth and legend, and collect trophies to progress and craft new powerful items
- Flexible house and base building system – raise mead halls, farms, settlements outposts, castles and more.
- Intuitive item crafting – forge the finest weapons and armour, and craft food and mead.
- Dedicated server- for players who want to run a persistent server.