Action RPG Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr was due for a couple of updates: massive update Patch 2.0 and Inquisitor – Prophecy expansion. The developers have taken to Steam to announce that both updates have been postponed and to unveil the new release dates:
According to our updated roadmap, Patch 2.0 will hit on June 20, while Inquisitor – Prophecy will arrive on July 30.
In the meantime, we have assembled an in-depth compendium containing all the new features coming with the update, including all the new mechanics, items, and more, so you can see what’s coming in Patch 2.0.
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Prophecy is a stand-alone expansion for the grim action-RPG Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr, set in the violent 41st millennium, when the galaxy is at constant war.
Deep within the darkest reaches of the remote Caligari Sector, beyond barriers formed by churning Warp-surges, lies a vast area tainted by the Chaos Gods and threatened by the rise of the foul Xenos. On the barren Death Worlds the hideous Tyranids are slowly coming back from their hibernation, long decades after the defeat of their colossal Hive Fleet, while the Imperium of Mankind faces a new wave of unexplained attacks by Aeldari warriors fleeing their dying Craftworld. And if that wasn’t enough to alarm the Holy Inquisition, a mysterious presence with potentially devastating powers has returned from the Warp on the long-lost “Martyr”, destined to fulfil a prophecy that could change the fate of the entire Sector.
- New class – Play as a Tech-Adept Inquisitor and summon and enhance units in battles to help you defeat enemies and complete investigations. This new summoner class comes with new unique abilities and mechanics and offers a unique skill-tree and various new melee and ranged builds.
- New and Revamped Gameplay Elements – Inquisitor – Prophecy offers several features of Inquisitor – Martyr. These include 2-4 player co-op missions, destructible environments, all previous enemy races and units, and the unique gore of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Moreover, Inquisitor – Prophecy is based on the 2.0 update for Inquisitor – Martyr, bringing the base game’s new level cap, redesigned loot system and levelling, the new end-game, the co-op campaign mode, new items and a much faster, ARPG-focused gameplay to the stand-alone expansion too.
- New Campaign – The story that began in Inquisitor – Martyr continues in three new and stand-alone chapters, with one chapter solely focusing on the Tech-Adept Inquisitor investigating a great mystery which slowly ties into the unfolding plot.
- New Settings – Discover sacred monasteries, perilous research sanctums, unforgiving deserts and ruthless worlds churning with molten lava.
- New Enemy Races – Inquisitor – Prophecy introduces the Aeldari, including Howling Banshees, Fire Prisms, Warp Spiders and Swooping Hawks; and the Tyranids, including Carnifexes, Zoanthropes, Hormagaunts, Raveners – and many others.