Phosphor Games and Games Workshop have announced a brand new game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Called Warhammer 40K: Dakka Squadron, the new title will see players take to the skies for fast-paced aerial dogfighting action. The plan is to release the game sometime in Q4 2020 for PC and consoles.
Here’s the skinny:
The player is an Ork Flyboy, taking to the skies to do what Orks do best – fight! With 3rd person, action-packed gameplay and intuitive controls, players will choose a Waaagh! (or campaign) and take part in a series of missions across alien worlds. Players will fly against insane odds, blasting away with their Supa-Shootas against enemy air forces and ground targets, while unlocking new weapons and upgrading their Dakkajets to be the most “dead killy” Flyboys in the sky.
All of the player actions revolve around fighting. Building and crafting are for the grots. Choose an Ork Clan and customize your squadron to augment your play style. Fly Dakkajets, Burna-Bommas, and Blitza-Bommas equip them with an array of guns, bombs, and missiles, learn special maneuvers, and unleash your dakka to conquer a galaxy riddled with ancient enemies.
- Hone your skills to climb the ladder of the Ork faction; start off as a lowly Flyboy and conquer worlds to become a Warboss.
- Explore incredible environments across multiple planets through a 20+ mission campaign
- Fantastic voice over acting and dialog unveil a complex plot and capture the grim humor of Orks in the Warhammer 40,000 universe
- Complete missions, perform challenges and unlock achievements to discover powerful Orky weapons and receive incredible fighta upgrades
- Master dogfighting, dive-bombing, and carpet bombing and use different playstyles to complete varied air to air, and air to ground missions.
- The first video game built from the ground up by Orks for Orks.
Learn more about the Warhammer 40K: Dakka Squadron on its official site.