Gato Salvaje Studio had initially announced time-travelling fantasy RPG The Waylanders back in August. Since then, the team has been hard a work preparing the launch of the game’s Kickstarter campaign. The developers are looking for a $150,000 goal to provide players with “an engaging narrative featuring impactful character development, unique companion romance options, and a deeply technical combat system”. Just over the first day, backers have pledged over $25,000 to the game!
The Waylanders is a party-based RPG inspired by beloved classics such as Dragon Age: Origins, Neverwinter Nights 2 or Baldur’s Gate. Featuring innovative and tactical combat system, The Waylanders brings to life the legends of the Celtic cultures to life.
Players can look forward to:
- 40+ hours of gameplay
- Two different time periods affected by your decisions
- 8 companions with 3 loyalty missions each + 4 reincarnations
- 6 basic and 30 advanced classes with over 700 abilities and formation techniques
- 4 races + 3 exclusive characters
- Real-time combat with tactical pause, character creation
- Play from a top-down isometric perspective that can be shifted to a third person perspective on the fly
- Story and combat inspired by RPG classics Dragon Age and Neverwinter Nights 2
- 12 different combat formations (2 per class) sees players fuse characters to provide varied and technical combat options