Mojiken and Chorus Worldwide have announced that their wordless narrative adventure game When the Past Was Around is launching in mid-December. The award-winning game will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. During this year’s Gamescom, WtPwA won the Best Game Award in the Indie Arena Booth.
During the game players will experience a wordless world that is highlighted by an original soundtrack by Masdito “ittou” Bachtiar. He recently won the Best Audio award at this year’s Taipei Game Show Indie Game Showcase.
Players will work to gather clues, solve puzzles, and unravel secrets buried within the main character’s memory. Other features include:
- Experiencing the game’s story through “beautifully hand-drawn art”.
- Exploring a bittersweet tale between a girl and her love “in disjointed memories through time”.
- Gameplay that is centered on overcoming the past and finding yourself.
- Intriguing and interesting puzzles to solve that reveal more of the story.
- “Atmospheric violin music accompanies you from moments of peace to heart-wrenching sadness.”
Check out the When the Past Was Around trailer and then head to the game’s official site to learn more.