The developers from Blizzard Entertainment have shared a new blog post on the official site of MMORPG World of Warcraft, aimed to bring players up to speed on the latest news, events, and development plans of the team regarding Shadowlands and Classic.
There are two large approaching updates: the Overlords of Outland content update for Burning Crusade Classic, and the 9.1.5 update for Shadowlands.
- On September 15, Overlords of Outland will go live worldwide at 3:00 p.m. PDT, bringing back some of your favorite quests and raids from The Burning Crusade.
- Update 9.1.5 is being tested on the PTR and the team welcomes players’ input
Shadowlands – Patch 9.1.5
The team continues tweaking the update on the World of Warcraft testing realms. The latest change includes the refill rate of Conduit Energy increase from one per day to 10. This change makes it easier for players to swap Conduits more often. Other notable changes include:
- Increased the drop rate of Shards of Domination.
- Significantly increased the amount of Soul Cinders awarded from Layers 8–12, Maw Assaults, Tormentors of Torghast, and Command Table missions.
- Players who reach 80 Renown can purchase a Broker Mark of Distinction for 500 gold in Oribos that can be used on an alternate character to instantly grant the character up to Renown 40. (Cannot be used above 40 Renown.)
- Players can now purchase versions of Korthian Armaments that create a piece of gear for specific slots.
- Acquirer Ta’gosh in the Hall of Curiosities now sells a Gateway Control Shard letting you activate the nearest Demonic Gateway.
- The new customization options announced for Highmountain Tauren are coming to the PTR in the future.
The latest chapter in the Burning Crusade story brings with it a host of new allies who need your help, including the Ogri’la and Sha’tari Skyguard factions, which offer new daily quests and rewards. Additionally, new features will help you collaborate with your fellow adventurers, such as Guild Banks and the Group Browser.
Are you prepared to storm the Serpentshrine Cavern and slay Lady Vashj? Or would you prefer to take the fight to Blood Elf prince Kael’thas Sunstrider in Tempest Keep? Luckily, you can do both!