The World of Warcraft site has been updated with the first information about the 8.2.5 patch coming to the public test realm soon. There are several big components being added to WoW in the Battle for Azeroth patch, but one of the biggest is that Worgen and Goblin character models are finally being updated. There is a slew of other cool things coming in the patch as well (see below).
While most of the other races in World of Warcraft have been updated, Worgen and Goblins have not. Both have been in WoW since 2009 and the release of the Cataclysm expansion. All of the races that had existed prior to Cataclysm were updated in Warlords of Draenor, but it’s been a long time for those that came after 2009. With 8.2.5, the wait will finally come to an end.
“Worgen and Goblins are getting a long-anticipated suite of visual improvements to their character models.” the blog reads. “These updates include every aspect of how the Worgen and Goblins look — from their faces to their animations.”
As with most WoW patches, this one is no exception. In addition to the updated Worgen and Goblin character models, players can expect the following:
The 8.2.5 patch will see the addition of the 15 Years of WoW in-game event. While the event will be live on PTR once 8.2.5 launches there, it will not be available to players in the live game until sometime in November. Players will be able to earn the Obsidian Worldbreaker mount as a reward for completing three “unique raids with iconic encounters from past expansions”. Players competing in the Alterac Valley PvP event will be able to earn a new currency that can be used to purchase the Stormpike Battle Charger (Alliance) and / or the Frostwolf Snarler (Horde).
- The Alliance-only Fuzzy Bee mount will be added. Players will complete a series of quests to “start a honey of an adventure”.
- The Firelands time-walking raid will allow players to experience the raid as it was originally. “Gear and power are scaled to the challenge.”
- The Party Sync toggle will allow players to become “aligned to the same quest state, including phases”.
- The addition of the quest “replay” feature that lets players complete “certain quests” with their friends for current-level appropriate rewards.
- Level scaling will be added to certain instanced content. Higher-level players joining lower level players will have their level scaled down for the time they’re playing together. It will be available for dungeons first and for PvP instances later.
- Recruit a Friend will make its return. Players will be able to earn rewards such as pets, mounts, game time, and more.