Following Ion Hazzikostas sharing the first details about the upcoming Shadowlands alpha, Blizzard has opened the horn of plenty when it comes to the information regarding World of Warcraft. The development team has shared a lengthy post on the official site to introduce players to the new class philosophy adopted in Shadowlands as well as the first look at the changes to come to all specializations. Please follow the link above to see the entire list of changes or take a look at Wowhead’s article on the matter.
In Shadowlands, we want to return to the idea that a specialization is about powering up a specific part of a class’s kit, not narrowing down their toolset. In an expansion that is all about choice, we also want to give players more opportunities to make impactful choices to customize their gameplay and express their own vision of how their characters engage in combat. Many specialization-specific abilities and spells that help define the identity of a class will once again be available class-wide, and we’re reintroducing some iconic abilities to give all of Azeroth’s heroes a fighting chance against the dangers ahead.
Some interesting details from the preview:
- Frost Death Knights once again will be able to choose between dual-wielding 1H weapons or using a 2H weapon
- All Hunters will have their stable size significantly increased
- Brewmaster and Windwalker Monks will be able to choose between two 1-handed weapons or one 2-handed weapon in their fight to restore balance.
- Paladins once again have access to Auras
- Shadow Word: Death is now a baseline ability available to all Priest specializations
- All Rogue specs have access to poisons
- Shaman class moves away from Maelstrom resource system
- Warlocks get Curse of Tongues, Curse of Recklessness, Curse of Weakness, and Curse of Doom back
For more details follow the links above.
In addition to the information about the upcoming Class changes, Blizzard also released the preview of one of the four upcoming Covenants, the Bastion.
When Sylvanas Windrunner pierces the veil between life and death, you and your allies are pulled into the Maw, where the most wicked are damned to suffer for eternity. Yet Azeroth’s Champions are able to escape and soon make their way to the noble Kyrian in Bastion. Long has it been since a soul has been sent to their gleaming realm, and the locals are astonished by the arrival of a living mortal. However, it quickly becomes apparent that underneath Bastion’s glistening veneer lies unrest: The Kyrian’s anima—the soul-born essence that fuels their eternity of service—is on the verge of being completely depleted.
Before you can help them—and make them take your warnings of Sylvanas and the horrible truth of the Maw seriously—you must prove your worthiness as an aspirant and overcome all trials to earn your Kyrian wings by Ascending.
Your journey starts at Vestibule of Eternity, where you begin your Ascension training, purifying your soul through ritual cleansing by shedding the flaws of mortality. As you prepare for Ascendance, you will journey deeper into the resplendent fields of Bastion—your opportunity to demonstrate your value to the Kyrian.
- Soulbinding – When you join a Covenant, you’ll be able to undergo an ancient rite to bind your soul to some of its most powerful members. By doing so, your character harnesses their power, gaining access to powerful bonuses. Over time, you can unlock new tiers of power and even switch Soulbinds when strategy demands it.
- Kyrian Covenant Spoils – For your contributions to the Kyrian Covenant’s cause, you’ll be rewarded with several cosmetic rewards including: a mount, a pet, Kyrian-forged armor, and back attachments that rival the beauty of Kyrian wings.
- Armor Up – Don specially crafted armor forged in the heart of Bastion.