The developers from Blizzard Entertainment continue hyping up the content of the upcoming World of Warcraft: Shadowlands patch 9.1.5. Previously, the team revealed their intentions to add more customization options to those Allied Races that were lacking in it – namely, Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei, with some additions for the Void Elves as well.
At a later point, the developers have taken to the official site to reveal that Highmountain Tauren will also be getting some new fancy customization faster than expected. Now, the team is back with another new addition: the long-awaited arcane hand glow for the Nightborne characters that made plenty of players envious of the NPCs.
“In this thread, there has been passionate feedback for Nightborne to have the hand glow effect that is seen on some Nightborne NPCs. We loved the idea after reading your feedback and have been looking into the feasibility of bringing that option to Nightborne character customization. The hand glow effect is a bit more involved and has taken some finessing to figure out due to its unique nature, but we’ve gotten a good grasp on it. In this week’s PTR build, we’ll be bringing a version of this as a new customization option to Nightborne females for testing, with the male hand glow coming in a later PTR build.
The glow effect is a unique customization option and a work in progress, please let us know what you think after testing out the new option on your Nightborne.”
Stay tuned to find out more once Blizzard shares the details.
Of course, customization for Allied races is not the only thing World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Patch 9.1.5 has going for it. The developers have also revealed that Mage Tower will be returning with Legion Timewalking, complete with new rewards such as transmog, mount and a werebear druid form.
- Covenant updates – Players who reach max Renown for their Covenant will be able to freely switch among any of the four Covenants without cooldown or restriction. Cosmetic rewards, including pets and mounts, that have been earned from that covenant will thereafter be available regardless of your membership in a different one. Covenant switching and the use of cosmetic rewards will also apply to any alternate characters once the Renown threshold is reached on one character.
- Conduit Energy is being removed and Conduits will be freely swappable without any restrictions.
- Completing a Covenant campaign on one character will allow alternate characters the ability to skip that same Covenant’s campaign, earning the Renown and a third Soulbind unlock immediately without needing to replay the full narrative arc.
- Introducing Legion Timewalking, including access to Legion Mythic+ dungeons
- Skip Maw Introduction – Players who have completed the introduction in the Maw on one character will be able to speak to Highlord Darion Mograine in the capital cities to skip it on their alternative characters on their account.
- Island Expeditions – queue solo or in party
- Talent and ability improvements coming to a variety of classes
- Allied race unlocks no longer require dungeons
- Additional travel points in the Maw
- Alt leveling improvements
- And more!