With the release of the latest expansion to Blizzard’s MMORPG, World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, many new players and veterans alike have made their journey to Azeroth. As a result, the player population in every realm has been dramatically increased and even overwhelmed the select few servers.
Blizzard’s Community Manager Kaivax made an announcement on the official forums of the game that the team has enabled the Free Character Transfer service for players who have characters on high population realms that are experiencing consistent, extended queues. If this service is available on your realm, you’ll access it in the Services section of the Shop on your character selection screen for that realm.
- You cannot select a destination realm that also has a high population.
- Realm to realm character transfers take time to complete, and the duration is higher when more players are using the service.
- You cannot log in to your character until the migration has completed.
- You cannot cancel a migration in progress.
- Blizzard Customer Support cannot cancel a migration or speed up the migration process.
- Character migrations are irreversible.
- The free service may be disabled at any time, as necessary.
The developers strongly suggest that any players planning to use a Free Character Transfer do so as soon as possible.
THE VEIL BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH IS NO MORE.
With a single act of destruction, Sylvanas Windrunner has ripped open the way to the afterlife. Azeroth’s staunchest defenders have been dragged into all-consuming darkness. An ancient force of death threatens to break its bonds and unravel reality.