Activision Blizzard has revealed a new date for the Shadowlands stream initially planned to roll on June 9th: now players can dive in on Wednesday, July 8 at 9:00 am PDT and join World of Warcraft Executive Producer John Hight and Game Director Ion Hazzikostas as they share more information about the upcoming expansion and its content & features.
We look forward to showing you more of what’s waiting for you in the Shadowlands—we hope to see you then!
Additionally, the team revealed professions update in Shadowlands in the latest blog post, describing the new system, Legendary Armor acquisition and more
In the Shadowlands, you’ll be able to create your own Legendary Armor within the Runecarver’s Chamber, a place of exceptional power locked away in Torghast. Legendary crafting is not currently available for testing yet, but when it is, all players, regardless of their profession(s), will be able to create their own Legendary Armor.
To create a piece of Legendary Armor, you’d first need a Base Item that can be imbued with Legendary properties. It can be created by Blacksmiths, Jewelcrafters, Leatherworkers and Tailors.
- A Base Item is a blank armor template that serves as a vessel for Legendary powers.
- Base Items aren’t soulbound. They can be acquired from other players, your alts, or the Auction House.
- The recipes for the Base Items, like the Chamber itself, are locked away in Torghast. However, once learned, they can be crafted from anywhere.
Optional reagents are a new feature in Shadowlands, allowing players to customize the equipment they create. Using optional reagents allows you to increase the item level of the created piece while also increasing the level required to equip and use the item.
You’ll be able to specify which two of the four secondary stats you want the item to give bonuses to, allowing you to customize your character’s power. However, you cannot choose to make the item only have one Secondary Stat. Certain recipes will allow for bonus effects, such as increasing your flask or food buff durations. Optional Reagents will only apply to armor and weapon recipes at the start of Shadowlands.
Additional updates include:
- Gathering professions will have skill bars that are larger than crafting professions, but should require the similar amount of effort to max out
- Star ranks for recipes have been greatly reduced in prominence in Shadowlands
- The Scrapper is a Battle for Azeroth-specific feature and will not be in Shadowlands
- The team is considering some degree of Profession interconnectivity, the concept that certain crafts from Professions are used in recipes for other Professions.
- Engineers will have a techno-magical breakthrough. Many Engineering devices are more powerful than their Azerothian counterparts, but so much power is difficult to control, and could result in a catastrophic backfire. However, Engineers will be able to reduce the likelihood of a backfire as they gain more skill.