Daedalic Entertainment has announced multiplayer RTS A Year Of Rain. The game features heroes, an extensive story mode and a heavy emphasis on team gameplay. It will be available in Early Access on PC later this year.
The game combines classic RTS elements with a strong focus on heroes. Whether you’re playing with a human or an AI partner, both co-op campaigns and offline modes are designed with a team of 2 in mind from the start.
“A Year Of Rain is set to be one of the largest games we have developed to date and marks our first steps into the esports arena. We are aware of the various complex challenges this genre entails. I am proud to be able to support our dev team with their dream project,” says Carsten Fichtelmann, CEO and founder of Daedalic Entertainment.
- Complex real-time strategy game.
- Extensive co-op and PvP modes.
- Unique heroes with individual abilities and skills.
- Three factions: House Rupah, Wild Outcasts and Restless Undead.
- Esports-ready at launch, featuring a league system, competitive seasons, leaderboards, observer mode, replays, and more.
- Soundtrack by award-winning composer Neal Acree (StarCraft II, World of Warcraft).
A Year Of Rain is a team RTS uniting classical elements like base-building and expansive story campaigns with strong hero focus and team-oriented gameplay. Apart from the co-op campaigns for the three factions, A Year Of Rain features additional 2v2 modes like “Skirmish” and “Against all Odds.”