The humble rubber duck has become a cult symbol of cuteness over the years. But ducks cosplaying as our favourite geek icons? Such a potent combination would be almost too amazing, but that’s just what the merchandise supremos at Numskull Designs have done. During a secret event in deepest London, the firm lifted the lid on its latest range: TUBBZ.
The range includes characters from the worlds of comic books, TV shows, movies and video games, and are all officially licenced. We managed to get a closer look and can confirm that the samples we saw are all intricately detailed, both in terms of the textured moulding and great paintwork. You can really see it in the Cayde-6 sample, from the weave embossed on the hood to the metallic paint used on the bill and horn.
On average each stands about 9cm/3.5″ tall and comes with a matching bathtub/case, which also means they can be stacked. Four ducks are in each collectable range, which Numskull plans to release in waves between September and early 2020.
The confirmed line-up so far includes:
- Borderlands (wave 1): Psycho, Lillith, Moxxi, Tina
- Fallout: Vault Boy, Vault Girl, T-51 Power Armor, Nuka-Cola Pin Up Girl
- Destiny: Cayde, Lord Shaxx, Sweeperbot, Eris Morn
- Spyro the Dragon: Spyro, Ripto, Elora, Moneybags
- Crash Bandicoot: Crash, Coco, Dr. Neo Cortex, Dr. N. Gin
- Street Fighter: Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Blanka
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dovahkiin, Alduin, Ulfric Stormcloak, Jarl Balgruuf the Greater
- Borderlands (wave 2): Brick, Maya, Tyreen Calypso, Troy Calypso
- Ghostbusters: Egon, Ray, Venkman, Winston
- DC Comics: Batman, Robin, Joker, Harley Quinn
- The Lord of the Rings: Frodo, Gandalf the Grey, Sauron, Legolas
All of the TUBBZ cosplaying ducks can be preordered via Numskull , with pricing set at £12.99 (UK) / €14.99 (Euro) / $12.99 (US) / $24.95 (AUD) / $16.99 (CAD) each (RRP).