Magic Design Studios’ 2d platformer Unruly Heroes is now out on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Windows 10 via Steam! The developers invite players to assume the role of one of the four unlikely heroes and test their mettle against the environmental obstacles, unexpected challenges and go toe-to-toe against a memorable rogues’ gallery of foes. We had a chance to take it out for a spin, and you can check out the Switch gameplay impressions in the video above.
The Sacred Scroll that maintained the harmony in our world has been torn to pieces and scattered. Now, wretched creatures roam the land leaving chaos in their wake. Only four totally opposed and implausible heroes Sanzang the wise, Wukong the fearless monkey, Kihong the greedy pig and Sandmonk the sensitive brute) can turn back that dark tide. Well, at least they’ll give it a shot!…
Assuming the role of one of four unlikely heroes, you will have to collect all the pieces of the Scroll on your journey to the West and travel to fantasy worlds to deliver countless creatures from the curse.
Will you be brave as you face the terrible challenges that lie ahead?
Some of the game’s features:
- Experience the legend of the Monkey King, solo or cooperatively with up to four players in local play.
- Master the combined strength of four different heroes by learning to use the best one for each new encounter and challenge.
- Test your reflexes during fighting against an assortment of challenging enemies and intimidating bosses.
- Possess your enemies to harness their strength and abilities.
- Explore different worlds spanning a colorful fantasy universe, solving puzzles and overcoming acrobatics obstacles.
- Immerse yourself in spectacular art, animation and audio.
- Fight against your friends in PVP modes in local or online and show your Kung Fu style!