Atari has announced that their new Home Entertainment System is available for presale exclusively on Indiegogo. Currently, two models of the Atari VCS will be up for sale, including the day one collector’s edition featuring a retro-inspired real wood front and the VCS Onyx that has a glossy black face and a searing “Atari Red” illuminated Fuji logo. The collector’s edition is priced at $299 USD and available for a limited time via Indiegogo. The Onyx is set for sale at $199 USD also for a limited time. The reimagined classic joystick and it’s more modern controller version are available for purchase in select packages and stand alone. Initial shipments are planned for mid-2019.
Below is the all-new reveal trailer.
The Atari VCS features
- a modern device that offers a customizable entertainment experience for the home
- comes with the Atari Vault collection of more than 100 all-time classic games, including favorites like Asteroids, Centipede, Breakout, Missile Command, Gravitar and Yars’ Revenge
- a unique open platform, where users can access a Linux “sandbox” to add their own software and customize their system
- universal peripheral connectivity to work with other PC input devices such as Bluetooth and USB game controllers, mouse and keyboard, webcams, microphone, external speakers and headphones
- will support 4K resolution, HDR and 60FPS content
- onboard and expandable cloud storage options
Atari partnered with leading technology companies such as AMD who provides the custom processor with Radeon Tech and peripherals maker Power A who developed the new classic joystick and modern controller.
For pre-sale information check out this link.