If you’ve been looking for a one-of-a-kind gaming experience, then The Magnificent Trufflepigs may be just the ticket. AMC Games has announced this new game coming in early summer 2021 (PC, Switch) where players literally and figuratively dig for the truth in “a wholly unique narrative game”. Fans will also be thrilled to hear that Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow) will be lending his voice talents to the forthcoming game.
Sometimes, you can’t make things up and this is no exception. The game puts players into a “first-person, romantic, metal detecting” game. Adam, the protagonist, returns to his home village and helps Beth on a mission to find a local treasure. Along the way, narrative choices will need to be made that will change the way the game plays out.
- Metal detecting!
- Meditatively exploring a peaceful English farm
- Finding “treasures” (mostly rubbish) with your detector
- Digging them up with a large shovel and a small trowel
- Sharing photos of your finds with Beth
- Relationship building!
- Chatting with Beth via walkie-talkie and instant message
- Unraveling a mystery through narrative choices that help you:
- Learn about Beth’s hopes and fears
- Direct the conversation to root out the truth
Check out the introductory trailer before heading to The Magnificent Trufflepigs official site to learn more.