Wyrmbyte has announced that its Hawaiian-themed survival adventure game, Ashes of Oahu, has been released on Steam for PC. Today’s release marks the end of a successful alpha and beta seasons. Developers have said that they are “confident that they have made a memorable experience for players that is unlike any other game on the market today”.
Ashes of Oahu, as the name implies, is set in the Hawaiian island in a post-apocalyptic setting. Filled with imagery and lore from native Hawaiian culture, the game provides players with unique ways to play. This includes the ability to become a hawk or a shark. As a shooter, players will “tap into the power of the spirit world to liberate Oahu from the army that occupies it”.
To celebrate today’s PC/Steam release date, Wyrmbyte has sent out a brand new trailer.
About Ashes of Oahu
- Inspired by native Hawaiian stories, traditions, and beliefs but with a unique fictional twist that brings in ghosts, raiders, and gods
- Four distinct factions to work for…or against!
- Over 11,000 lines create a massive and engaging narrative
- Choices truly matter and can lead to any one of over 100 different endings!
- Guns take on new and amazing powers thanks to the Magical Weapon Mod System
- Play your way by unlocking 50+ skills and abilities
- 25 sq/km of beautiful locations throughout Oahu, Hawaii
- Craft items from Hawaiian resources you find throughout the island