The developers from Blizzard Entertainment have taken to the official World of Warcraft site to share a development update message, aimed to bring players up to speed on what is going to be changing in the game in the nearest future.
“Over the past few weeks since we shared an update, the WoW team has been focused on the immediate future—both for our people and workplace, and what’s next for players too. As a part of that, the entire team came together to ask: What are the biggest things we’re hearing are getting in the way of your fun, and what are the most impactful changes we could make to WoW today to fix that?”
- Shadowlands update 9.1.5 will be hitting PTR next week, including long-asked-for changes to covenants and conduits, updates to alts, and new Allied Race customization.
- Meanwhile, the Burning Crusade Classic servers will be receiving the first major update Overlords of Outland very soon. Starting September 15, you’ll be able to take on Prince Kael’thas and Lady Vashj in a pair of iconic raids, engage in a new season of Arena combat, and more.
- The team is also working on something for WoW Classic players who would like a chance at a fresh start
The team shared more details about the upcoming Shadowlands patch 9.1.5 in a separate post, offering a closer look at what is to come to the game shortly.
- Covenant updates – Players who reach max Renown for their Covenant will be able to freely switch among any of the four Covenants without cooldown or restriction. Cosmetic rewards, including pets and mounts, that have been earned from that covenant will thereafter be available regardless of your membership in a different one. Covenant switching and the use of cosmetic rewards will also apply to any alternate characters once the Renown threshold is reached on one character.
- Conduit Energy is being removed and Conduits will be freely swappable without any restrictions.
- Completing a Covenant campaign on one character will allow alternate characters the ability to skip that same Covenant’s campaign, earning the Renown and a third Soulbind unlock immediately without needing to replay the full narrative arc.
You can join the ongoing Covenant discussion on the official forums.
- New Character Cusomization For Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves & Nightborne – A variety of new character customizations are being introduced for Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei along with additional updates to ear size options for void elves, new travel forms for druids, and new Soulshapes for Night Fae.
- Introducing Legion Timewalking, including access to Legion Mythic+ dungeons
- Skip Maw Introduction – Players who have completed the introduction in the Maw on one character will be able to speak to Highlord Darion Mograine in the capital cities to skip it on their alternative characters on their account.
- Island Expeditions – queue solo or in party
- Talent and ability improvements coming to a variety of classes
- Allied race unlocks no longer require dungeons
- Additional travel points in the Maw
- Alt leveling improvements
- And more!