11 bit studios and Dead Mage have taken to Steam to reveal that Family Trials game mode is now available in Children of Morta.
Family Trials mode revolves around Zyklus, a unique and abnormal Dungeon located somewhere in Rea. The Zyklus Dungeon is quite unstable – its nature and rules rapidly change, following an obscure, chaotic cycle affected by the Corruption itself.
Family Trials is completely separate from the Main Story campaign of the game. It offers new systems, items, character builds possibilities and more – all set in a series of completely randomized dungeons.
- Complete main objectives and optional side-objectives and advance to the next floor. Objectives vary from protecting the Rea Laborers from waves of enemies, fighting in the arena – to surviving the flood of corrupted adversaries, and more!
- Unlock two additional difficulty levels: Hard and Insane. The higher difficulty, the more levels you have to beat!
- Experiment with your character builds and learn from your mistakes to best your consecutive dungeon runs.
- Levels are completely randomized each time you enter the dungeons.
- All Bergson family members and their active abilities are available from the very beginning.
- The Skill Tree is replaced with a new Talent System. Each time a character levels up – it gets to choose a new Talent.
- Runes no longer drop in the Dungeons – they became a part of the Talent System instead.
- Divine Relics and Divine Graces have two additional power tiers – you can upgrade them in the special shop or find them in dungeons.
- Item upgrades vary from simple stat boosts to additional special traits unlocked for each item.
- 40 talents per character – stack the upgrades and modifications for your skills and passives to dominate your enemies.
- In-game deeds with special rewards to help you survive Family Trials. Complete them to start your run with bonus HP, instant level up, extra gemstones or even free items.
- Gemshards work as the main currency in Family Trials mode – use them in the new shop to gamble for rewards, upgrade your equipment and buy new shinies.
To unlock Family Trials you have to reach the first boss (Spider on the Third Floor) in the Story Mode. You don’t even have to beat it – just look that adversary right in the eyes (all eight of them).
About Children of Morta:
Children of Morta is a story-driven action RPG game about an extraordinary family of heroes. Lead the Bergsons, with all their flaws and virtues, against the forthcoming Corruption. Will you be able to sacrifice everything to save the ones you care for?