PixARK has received its first big, free content update called “Skyward”. The DLC provides players with a brand new map with ten big islands to explore, each with its own unique biome and creatures to discover. Currently, Skyward is available on Steam for PC players. The console version will be coming out later today including all the PC contents as well as split-screen and local co-op.
The major components of Skyward are:
- the Floating Island Map with 10 island biomes;
- new ruins to explore where players can defeat new bosses for special equipment and armor;
- a Wyvern nest that allows players to hatch their own;
- Bone Creatures to defeat to harvest Fossils in order to summon some to tame;
- TEK Technology Engrams to create mechanized items like guns, grenades, shields, armor, saddles, etc.
Learn more on the PixARK Steam page.
Anything is possible. Players can tame creatures both ferocious and cuddly, craft high tech and magical tools, and build their own base out of cubes. With a robust character creator, an infinite number of voxel-based maps and procedurally generated quests, their adventure will be completely unique. Team up with friends to form a tribe, or play on their own. Spend time building a towering fortress or go on a quest in a sprawling cavern. Fly on the back of a dragon and smite their enemies with a magic wand, or ride a mighty T-Rex and blast their foes with a rocket launcher. How they play is up to them – as long as they survive!