Paradox Interactive recently announced a new expansion for the strategy Europa Universalis 4. Called Cradle of Civilization, it adds a greater depth to the Muslim nations that occupy the lands between the Nile and the Indus. New game options and governmental powers will make sure that each one feels distinct from another.
Features of Europa Universalis 4: Cradle of Civilization include
- Mamluk Government: In a diverse empire, where the slaves are now masters, new sultans must rely on cultural power to stay viable.
- Persian Theocracy: Persian nations can use the power of the faith to bolster their regime.
- Tribal Federations: The Black and White Sheep tribes in Armenia and Mesopotamia must expand to exploit the unity of local clans.
- Army Professionalism: The Age of Mercenaries slowly transitions to the Age of Standing Armies as you recruit new generals and drill your peacetime army.
- Iqta Taxes: Muslim governments can impose new taxes every 20 years for special bonuses.
- Trade Policies: Instruct your merchants to take actions in trade nodes to increase your trade power or military advantage.
- Islamic Schools: The wide range of Sunni and Shia disciplines offer unique perks to their disciples and transforms international relations across the Middle East.
The expansion will also contain a free update for all EU4 players. Among its contents, players will find a new map with many new nations.