Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment have announced that PC players can now dive into brand new Neverwinter content thanks to the release of the Jewel of the North content expansion. The PC version is available through the Arc Games launcher, Epic Games Store, and Steam. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players will be able to jump into Jewel of the North later in August.
The centerpiece of the content expansion is the brand new Bard class, the first time a new class has been introduced into the MMORPG since 2016. In addition, players will find a host of quality of life improvements anchored by the streamlined leveling system which “makes content more accessible for adventurers of all experience levels”.
Jewel of the North features include:
- New Bard Class – Inspired by the iconic and multi-skilled Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition class, the new class for Neverwinter weaves together quick, deadly swordplay and powerful magical ballads into an orchestra of destruction for enemies and boons for themselves and allies. The class offers two unique Paragon Paths for players to choose from:
- Songblade – Charming swashbucklers who dispatch their foes in style with swordplay, magic, and music. This path is for those who want to be close and mid-range damage dealers, and who want to make use of dramatic spells and supporting songs to enhance their natural combat ability.
- Minstrel – Master musicians who support allies from afar with songs of bardic inspiration. These healers can also use music to create psychic attacks and illusions.
- New Streamlined Leveling System – Following the beloved system found in Dungeons & Dragons, the max level cap has transitioned from level 80 to level 20, making it easier for all adventurers to experience the many adventures available within the Forgotten Realms in Neverwinter.
- New Adventures Feature – A new and intuitive way to play through content, track progress, and get some great rewards. The Adventures feature allows adventurers to know what to explore and experience next as they continue their epic journey.
- Major Quality of Life Improvements: All adventurers can prepare and be ready for their many adventures thanks to the following new improvements:
- Two New Locations:
- The Adventurer’s Guild – Located in Protector’s Enclave, the guild serves as a place for all the greatest adventurers to meet, train, and claim their hard-earned rewards.
- The Training Room – A special demiplane created by the wizards of the Adventurer’s Guild where adventurers can hone their skills and explore combat systems using a variety of modifiers.
- Revamped Tutorialization – New tutorials, messaging and visuals have been added for new and returning adventurers to better understand what it takes to be a true adventurer in Neverwinter.
- Two New Locations:
- Neverember Recruitment Event – During Neverember’s Recruitment event, any new characters who log in during this event will earn extra rewards, such as rare mounts and companions, while leveling as well as Neverember Incentives, which can be exchanged for account-wide rewards.
Find out more by visiting the Neverwinter official site.