Psyonix announced today that the Anniversary Update for Rocket League is now live across the game’s many platforms. Bringing with it new FREE Rick and Morty customization items, Rocket League Radio, and a new Overdrive Crate. The Season 5 competition is also live, and new achievements and trophies are added too. Read all about it below. The Champions Field update adds a ton of new stuff to the already massive game.
From the Press Release:
Independent video game developer and publisher, Psyonix, creators of the sports-action hit, Rocket League, announced that the Anniversary Update will be available for download later today beginning at 3pm PDT. The update features a FREE new arena named ‘Champions Field,’ and a variety of other content including:
- FREE Rick & Morty Customization items distributed as Common drops after online and offline matches, including Rick and Morty Antennas, ‘Cromulon,’ ‘Mr. Meeseeks,’ and ‘Mr. PBH’ Toppers, an ‘Interdimensional GB’ Rocket Boost, and ‘Sanchez DC-137’ Wheels
- ‘Rocket League Radio,’ which adds a new default music playlist “Rocket League x Monstercat” with 18 new tracks from EDM music label Monstercat
- New Import Battle-Cars ‘Animus GP’ and ‘Centio V17,’ available as drops inside the new ‘Overdrive Crate’
- New Overdrive Crate with the potential to unlock animated decals, brand-new trails, and more
- New customization options like ‘Engine Audio,’ ‘Goal Explosions,’ and ‘Trails’ that are a mix of FREE selections and Crate drops
- End to ‘Competitive Season 4’ and Trail rewards distributed to competing players based on their highest skill tier reached
- Beginning of ‘Competitive Season 5’ with new changes
- Six new achievements and trophies
- and more!
Rocket League celebrates its 2nd birthday on July 7, 2017. Since launch in 2015, the community has grown to more than 33 million players across all platforms. Additional game statistics will be revealed on the evening of July 6 in honor of the game’s 2nd birthday.