If you’ve been waiting for a PvEvP competitive shooter game than maybe the forthcoming The Cycle, from Germany based developer YAGER Development GmbH, warrants being on your “wishlist”.
In case you missed it, earlier this week The Cycle‘s official developer stream, with community manager VrynnSardo and game designer eNDiKay, included an exclusive reveal stream of Map 2. You can tune into it below for your own look see.
In The Cycle, You compete against other “Prospectors”. During a match, you can choose to collaborate with them or to claim as many resources as possible and escape Fortuna III before the planet crushes the life out of you. Victory goes to the Prospector that completes the most “contracts” during the match and manages to evacuate the planet in time. In theory, you can play The Cycle without engaging in any PvP. Besides deterring player hunters who might be roaming the planet, the best reason to engage in PvP is to obtain certain objectives for yourself or stop a Prospector who is about to finish with more contracts than you!
About The Cycle
The Cycle is a competitive quest shooter. On Fortuna III you compete against other Prospectors, or collaborate with them, to claim as many resources as possible.
The only problem is, the planet is hostile in more ways than one.
Alien wildlife tends to want to rip your face off. Rival Prospectors are at best untrustworthy and at worst highly murderous. And if that’s not bad enough, there’s The Cycle itself… a planetary metamorphosis which, if you don’t make it to the evac in time, will absolutely ensure the end of you.
But hey, you could get rich!
Features Of The Cycle
- A New Frontier: Explore the world of Fortuna III – a hostile, beautiful new world, full of fortune, alien life, and other players looking to take its riches.
- Competitive Quester: Shooting may give you an edge – but the best players are those who can take on dangerous jobs during a match.
- Station: Orbiting Fortuna III, the station is a leftover from a time of colonization and exploitation. It is now home to Prospectors and the factions that have an interest in their excursions – for different reasons.
- Factions: Take on jobs for different factions when you are down on the planet. As reputation grows with a faction, players will get access to more technology which might change the way they play and win.
- Co-Operation: Players can meet on the surface of Fortuna III and join uneasy alliances with one another as they complete contracts. Or players can directly start as a squad on the planet.
- Storm: The cycle leaves only a narrow window of opportunity – stay too long, and you will be trapped on the planet.
- Progression: Items found in matches can be used for crafting in the station which can then in return be used in matches.
- Customization: A wide selection of gear that players progress through, tailoring their character to their individual playstyle, with more options regularly added.