If you’ve ever dreamed of becoming a world-renowned rockstar, you’ll be happy to hear that you can make those dreams come true in Rising Star 2 that is now available for PC via Steam. The RPG simulation game puts players in the virtual shoes of a budding musician that blends sports simulation stats and tactical game play with “the musical bones of Rock God Tycoon”. Players will explore a musical open world and practice to hone their skills.
As the game progresses, players will be able to apply a number of custom options to their band as well as “tweak their setlists, buy their first pad, and secure a manager”. The freedom is all in the player’s hands to choose how to progress through their career.
Check out our Rising Star 2 review to see why we handed it a 7/10 and said, “Rising Star 2 is an interesting and lovingly crafted title that takes the traditional party-based RPG and drags it on stage with a modern twist.”
- Explore a musical open-world environment.
- Utilize a dynamic musician attitude system (DMAS) to recruit compatible musicians and kick out band members that no longer get along.
- Hire managers to find recording contracts, endorsements, book individual gigs, or entire tours.
- Fully customize your band’s appearance and van with thousands of combinations of hairstyles, makeup, clothing, and paint jobs.
- Purchase a variety of houses and apartments to call home, with hundreds of customization options.
- Live the classic rockstar life by trashing hotels & motels for inspiration and fun.
- Choose from 600 different types of real equipment to see what works best for your band.
- Booking venues and tours across more than 130 cities in the United States.
- Take on 40 side jobs to earn cash while working your way up to stardom.
- Explores thousands of locations including bars, theaters, stadiums, clothing stores, recording studios, hotels, art galleries, print shops, parks, cemeteries, and more.
Check out the game’s Steam page linked above or head to the Rising Star 2 official site to learn more.