Developer studio White Rabbit and publisher Serenity Forge have announced the release date of Afterlife, an update to 2D platformer Death’s Gambit. Death’s Gambit: Afterlife comes to PC and Nintendo Switch on September 30th!
Siradon has changed, but immortality still runs rampant. Through sacrifice and regret, Sorun finds himself at the start of his journey once again. But this time he wields choice. Greater choice in character customization, weapon variety, talents, and more. Guide his blade, and ultimately decide whether to fulfill his pact with Death, or succumb to the allure of immortality?
About the game:
Death’s Gambit: Afterlife is a 2D action metroidvania that builds on and refines the original Death’s Gambit experience. Using an array of equipment, weapons, and abilities, Sorun must fight his way through the kingdom of Siradon to rid the land of its curse and fulfill his agreement with Death. Afterlife offers a wealth of new features and changes, including reworked movement, fine-tuned encounters, new bosses, levels, and more!
Death’s Gambit Features:
- A complete mechanical revamp, including fine-tuned encounters, improved movement and expanded crafting
- Alternate endings to achieve as the story progresses
- Over 30 weapons total, with new talents for each weapon
- 6 new bosses to fight, on top of the original 14
- A massively expanded new world to explore, adding 10 new levels to the original 11
- A new map to navigate Siradon