The developers from Outerloop Games have announced that the adventure game Falcon Age will be coming to Nintendo Switch and Steam on October 8th. The Steam and Switch versions also come with over a year of content updates including new quests, an upgrade system for your falcon, revamped cooking and hunting mechanics and a slew of quality of life updates.
The Switch version supports touch controls to pet your falcon and gyro controls with your joycons. The Steam version supports VR with most popular headsets like the Valve Index, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and Quest. You can play seated, standing or use room-scale VR
About Falcon Age:
Falcon Age is a first-person, single-player action-adventure where you’ll play as Ara in her fight to reclaim her cultural legacy in the lost art of falcon hunting against a force of automated colonizers. The game starts on a dying colony planet with its culture destroyed, resourced depleted, and turned into a desert by machine invaders. Ara’s been wrongfully thrown in jail for a minor infraction. While she awaits her fate in a lonely cell, she passes the time by befriending a young falcon. Together they escape and set off on an adventure to help the resistance reclaim their freedom and drive off the invaders.
- Take back your life: Rebel against robot colonizers and reclaim your culture.
- Bond with a bird companion: Name, pet, feed, teach, and dress up your falcon.
- Hunt with your falcon: Various animals roam the land and can be hunted for precious materials.
- Craft falcon snacks: Farm, hunt, and cook snacks to feed, buff, heal and strengthen your falcon.
- Accessorize your falcon: Make your falcon look dreamy with different hats and scarves. -also equipment for gameplay like sonar and armor.
- Fight robot colonizers: Use your trusty stun baton to fight off drones and robots with the help of your falcon.
- Reclaim your land: Take back multiple locations from the colonizing faction and rebuild your community.
- Imprint Mode: Play the story mode with optional combat.
- Dedicated pet button: Give and take items, high-five, fist bump, and sooth your falcon.
- Has optional PC VR support fur a fully immersive experience.