You read that right. The critically-acclaimed strategy game, This is the Police, has launched on mobile for both Android and iOS. Developer Weappy Studios has partnered with publisher Handy Games to bring the title over to the mobile platforms. Priced at $7.99 USD on the mobile platform of your choosing this ‘buy once play forever’ price point is a great entry point for players new to the franchise. The mobile version can even be played offline for those occasions when you’re out of service range like the middle of the ocean or space. Head on over to your respective app store (Apple click here, Android click here) to pick it up today. Be sure to check out our review right here.
From the Developer:
“This Is the Police is a strategy/adventure game set in a city spiraling the drain. Taking the role of gritty Police Chief Jack Boyd, you’ll dive into a deep story of crime and intrigue. Will Jack reach his retirement with a nice stack of bills, or will he end up broken … or worse?
- Your mission is clear: make $500,000 in 180 days, before Jack Boyd reaches retirement. How? That’s up to you!
- Decisions, decisions! This Is the Police is all about a dark story and how you react to it. Whatever you decide, your choices will influence the game – and the fate of Jack Boyd.
- The Good, the Bad, and… the Ugly? The Chief of Freeburg’s Police Department deals with all kind of people. It is up to you to find the bad guys, and decide how to deal with them.
- Carry out your duties. As head of Freeburg PD, Jack deals with all sorts of challenges every day: responding to emergencies, managing his officers, defending the department against City Hall and a corrupt mayor, and much more.
- Solve Investigations and gather evidence against the criminal gangs of Freeburg.
- Deal with the competing powers of the city. Everyone offers you favors, and each one comes at a price.
- Rich and fully voiced story: Jack Boyd is portrayed by Jon St. John, the voice of Duke Nukem.”