Activision has announced that Season 3 is beginning today in both Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and in the free to play component, Warzone. To celebrate the big announcement, developers have released an explosive new trailer to help ramp up the hype for the new cosmetic rewards and other features that come with the Battle Pass or in the Battle Pass Bundle.
Here are some of the Season 3 components for CoD:MW and Warzone:
- Alex returns as an Operator in both Modern Warfare and Warzone. He is part of the ongoing battle of Verdansk.
- In Warzone, players will be able to form squads of four in both Battle Royale and Plunder modes.
- This season, players can expect to “see more modes and playlists that change the loot pool to specific weapon types”.
- Ground loot will have a continuous overhaul in Warzone. This includes, for instance, both silenced and unsilenced versions of all weapons.
- New weapons and blueprints will be introduced in Supply Boxes.
- Modern Warfare will see three new maps for multiplayer introduced in Season 3. These 6v6 maps include Talsik Backlot, Hovec Sawmill, and Aniya Incursion.
- New Missions with XP rewards, blueprints, skins, and vehicles will be available in the Barracks.
- Battle Pass free tiers will allow players to earn two new weapons, a handgun blueprint, an assault rifle blueprint, a sniper rifle blueprint, 300 CoD points. These are awarded across 20 tiers of free content.
- The Battle Pass purchase option rewards players with Alex, a variety of customization options including a trio for vehicles, armed forces skins for Operators, a new Finishing Move, and “100 pieces of other content”.
Check it all out on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare official site.