Dragon Quest Builders 2, the sandbox RPG from Square Enix, is finally building a bridge over to the PC and it will launch later this year.
This charming block builder and the sequel to the original Dragon Quest game is already available to console players. It originally launched on Switch and Playstation 4 back in July 2019 and managed to impress us with an overwhelmingly positive response in our review. Now PC players can get in on the action with a whole series of block building mechanics and RPG adventures to take on when it arrives on 10 December.
As you might expect, this announcement comes with an option to pre-purchase Dragon Quest Builders 2, and fans jumping in early will get a plethora of potential pre-release bonuses. This is extremely limited however and Tuesday 19 November is the last chance to grab the following via pre-order via Steam:
• Medicinal Herb Decoration: a recipe for a decorative Medicinal Herb
• Dragon Quest Logo Decoration: a recipe for the famous DRAGON QUEST logo.
• Chimaera Wing Decoration: a recipe for an ornamental Chimaera Wing
• Sigil Blocks: five recipes for blocks which have either a Sun, Moon, Star, Water drop or Heart symbol
• Lo-Res Luminary Recipes: a set of recipes for building the Scions of Erdrick
• Legendary Line Art Recipe: a recipe for a painting of the Scions of Erdrick
Even if you manage to miss this, PC players are due to get all the season pass content from the console releases for no extra charge. This includes a ton of new recipes to design structures in the Hotto Steppe resting area, fishing, and over 70 recipes for modern looking structures.
If you hadn’t guessed Dragon Quest Builders 2 encourages players to go solo and explore the narrative side of the single-player campaign, journey through a massive world constructing whatever they desire, or even go big and build with 3 other friends. If you want to find out more about Dragon Quest Builders 2 before it hits PC, check out our console review or head over to the Steam Store to pre-order now.