If you’re a fan of being an evil overlord, you may be thrilled to hear that PC version of Dungeons 2 is free for the taking on Good Old Games. It’s only available from now through February 18th, so don’t dally heading to GoG to claim yours.
One nice thing for those who are always a bit cheesed about having to have a persistent online connection: D2 does not require Steam or the GoG Galaxy game platform to play.
Originally published in 2015, D2 also has a sequel pithily named Dungeons 3 that came out a few months ago. You can read our review here.
What is D2?
The Lord is back – and this time he’s serious! In D2, fulfil the Lord’s insatiable quest for vengeance by recruiting fearsome new monsters from all corners of the underworld in order to undertake his evil bidding. Taking over the underworld isn’t enough though – this time The Dungeon Lord will extend his dominion over the puny humans and attempt to conquer the overworld too!
Take control of the evil Lord and craft a network of unique and terrifying dungeons, recruit an army of fearsome creatures and command two new factions. Prepare to defend your Kingdom against those pesky heroes, go above ground to wage war on their human cities and use the ‘Hand of Terror’ to take direct control over your minions, issue commands, and even dish out a swift slap to keep them in line.
The extensive campaign story mode is packed with even more of the dark humour which made the original game a hit and is peppered with numerous references to various fantasy books, movies and TV shows. Additionally, you can test your strength in four different game modes in multiplayer for up to four players with other evil Lords over LAN or online.
A Clash of Pumpkins
- Featuring a thrilling single player campaign with 2 playable factions, 26 unique creatures, multiple types of heroes and game modes
- D2 offers unique gameplay: In the underworld, simulation and in the overworld, tactical real-time strategy
- Thanks to the ‘Hand of Terror’ you can always keep control of your subordinates and give targeted commands
- Leave the darkness of the underworld, and venture to the overworld and leave the beautiful cities of the humans in ruins
- Four competitive multiplayer modes for up to four players via LAN and Internet