The hype is ramping up for Cryptic Studios’ upcoming top-down action RPG, Magic: Legends. Last week, fans got a first-look at gameplay in the form of a new trailer. This week, the community is rewarded with the first information about two of the game’s classes.
The Geomancer uses the power of Earth to take on enemies in the game. They are close-range fighters that can take as much damage as they deal thanks to their rock shields. “Geomancers prefer to call upon creatures like goblins, kavu, and earth elementals”.
In juxtaposition, the Mind Mage is a ranged fighter that uses telekinetic powers to control projectiles to hurl at enemies. They can also control the battlefield by putting foes to sleep or even mind-controlling them to attack their allies.
Developers have more information to impart and will be doing so over the course of the coming months. The plan is to release the game for PC in 2020 and for PlayStation 4/Xbox One in 2021. Interested fans can head to the Magic: Legends official site to sign up for beta opportunities.
About Magic: Legends
From the developers behind Neverwinter comes a new top-down MMO Action RPG featuring fast-paced combat inspired by Magic: The Gathering. An ancient force moves in the darkness, posing an ever-growing threat to the entire multiverse. Players will experience the power of becoming a Planeswalker as they discover exciting mana-based spells and strategically build out the perfect hand of balanced attacks to control the chaos of the battlefield. While openly exploring the vast planes from Magic: The Gathering, players will fight alongside iconic characters and legendary creatures made popular by the original card game. Key features of Magic: Legends include:
- Become a Planeswalker – Players can choose from five diverse classes and switch between different Planeswalkers at any time.
- Walk Your Own Path – Players will need to cross various planes to save the multiverse, but how they weave their path is up to them.
- Control the Chaos – Control the chaos in real-time combat. Choosing what spells go into each hand requires strategy, as they will be drawn at random during attacks.
- Collect and Upgrade – Players will discover a myriad of spells and collect spell fragments to make them more powerful.
- Fight Together – The planes in Magic: Legends can be traversed alone or with up to two other Planeswalkers.