Ubisoft released the official preview of the new mobile Might & Magic game combining the elements of Battle Royale and Auto Chess. Aptly named Might & Magic: Chess Royale is coming to PC as well as iOS and Android devices on January 30, 2020.
Fight 99 other players on a real-time chess battlefield and be the last hero standing! Re-discover classic units and heroes from the Might & Magic high-fantasy universe and create deep strategies in ten-minute competition! Who will win the Chess Royale?
STRATEGY IS KEY TO VICTORY
- Create unique synergies and overcome your opponents each round! Combine specific units, factions and heroes to claim victory.
- Scout other players and adapt to their own synergies and units’ picks. Tactical management and display of units on the battle grid is essential.
- Manage your Gold buy buying units and magic Spells with unique abilities and effects.
- Anticipate the unit’s availability in the Shop by scouting the most played compositions. Keep an eye on the Spells Shop to be aware of the current meta.
COLLECT & UPGRADE ICONIC UNITS & HEROES
- Tons of Heroes & Units to collect from the Might and Magic Universe, each has unique abilities and belong to a specific faction.
- Merge, merge and merge! Upgrade units buy merging them together to become mightier, up to three stars!
A TRUE BATTLE ROYALE AUTOBATTLER
- Live thrilling fights against 99 other players! Each round count: who will be the last Hero standing on the battlefield?
OPTIMISED FOR 10 MINUTES GAMES
- Loose quick, win quick! Enjoy a crafted experience of the autobattler for shorter & exciting games!
THRILLING & EXHILARATING FIGHTS
- Watch massive battles unfold with amazing visuals, witness your armies unleash its fury on your opponent with thrilling ultimates & Spells
- Outsmart your opponents in 1V1 battles
EVOLVE YOUR GAME
- Numerous updates & in-game events will come and change the meta regularly, adapt your strategy to each new update!
DISCOVER THE MIGHT & MAGIC WORLD
- Relive the classic experience of the strategy RPG reference, this time on a chess battlefield!
- Feel the Might & Magic world in this high heroic fantasy adventure!”
This is not the first entry into the mobile scene of the Might & Magic franchise. Previously, Ubisoft has invited players to the closed test of Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos – a mobile re-telling of the story of the Restoration of Erathia.
The game follows the general plot of Heroes of Might & Magic III: The Restoration of Erathia. While waiting for the Era of Chaos to drop, you can always check out the original.
Murdered by traitors and resurrected by Necromancers as an undead lich, Erathia’s deceased king commands its neighboring enemies to seize his former kingdom. His progress is halted when his daughter Catherine, Queen of Enroth, returns to the shores of her homeland.
In the service of Erathia, beset by enemies external and internal, you command the land’s greatest heroes and fiercest creatures in Queen Catherine’s war to restore her homeland, discover her father’s killer, and free him from the prison of his undead body.