Have you seen this trailer yet? It highlights the action-combat of the upcoming Bladerunner-esque RPG Seven: The Days Long Gone. To say it looks intriguing is an understatement. This is the game from ex-CD Projekt Red devs, and you can tell they’re bringing with them the talent and creativity that made the Witcher such an enduring series.
From the Seven: The Days Long Gone press release:
You play as Teriel, a master thief possessed, in the most symbiotic ways possible, by an ancient daemon (Artanak) and deported to the prison island of Peh. Teriel, with Artanak help, unearth the island’s dark secrets and soon learn that the fate of the entire Vetrall Empire rests in balance. The post-apocalyptic world is filled with mysterious technology and Dark Age superstition, diverse communities that react to every action, and a rich ecosystem of creatures to interact with, from animals to people to monsters. Freely explore the vast yet unforgiving open world, whether following the main story line or heading off on a side quest.
- 3D Isometric RPG
- Rich, interwoven storyline
- Combat: multiple styles allow for players to be creative in how they tackle obstacles
- Hero Progression System: Based purely on skill and equipment; progression unlocks new upgradable skills
- AI Reactions: NPCs are responsive to actions
- Open world perfect for exploration
- Brand new climbing system
- Stunning environments
- Play Your Way – Stealth or brute force, freedom of choice