Tomas Sala and Wired Productions have released a free update for the open-world air combat game The Falconeer. Called The Kraken, it adds a variety of new content as well as introduces changes to gameplay and UI.
The Wreck Divers of Batis are renowned for their prowess in recovering relics from the depths of the Ursee, something the Mancer order exploit handily. But recent rumours of ancient monstrosities roaming the depths have led them to approach willing Falconeers to assist them in their tasks. Meanwhile, the cartographers guild in Cartohom are using freshblood Falconeers to explore the unknown and map out the Great Ursee.
- New wreck-diver company location: Batis
- New cartographers guild location: Cartohom
Exploration missions: Given out at Cartohom, find and discover locations in the world for splinters.
Wreck diving missions: Given out at Batis, be the eyes in the sky for wreck diving operations. See the depths of the Great Ursee first hand as wreck-divers scour the floor for relics, with a chance to encounter something else entirely…
3 new tutorial missions at Dunkle, to introduce chants and mutagens as well as some basic mechanics like fishing and jet streams.
- Turning Speed of enemy birds reduced by 10-25% to provide smoother dogfights and decrease difficulty.
- Enemy AI adjusted to prefer smoother turns and tactical retreats to add more of a chase.
- Mission difficulty more accurately indicated
- Enemy warbirds can now roll to avoid incoming fire
- Locked targets now have off-screen edge indicators
- Improved the store interactions, along with a confirm to purchase / sell mechanic.
- Settings sliders now respond to mouse properly and can be dragged
- GUI arrows in perch menu and chapter select blink
- GUI arrows in perch menu disappear when not needed
- The word chapter is removed from the chapter selection GUI