The second season of “The Great Push” has been announced for World of Warcraft. The event is part of the Mythic Dungeon Invitational and marks the second time this type of event has been held in WoW. The first was held in May and challenged teams of competitive dungeon runners to push keystones as high as possible within a limited amount of time. According to Blizzard, the inaugural event was a huge success and led directly to Season 2.
How The Great Push Works
- Any team of five players can register to compete on Gamebattles.
- Teams will compete in the initial qualifier phase, the Proving Grounds, on December 3-5, where teams will be given two dungeon keystone combinations to push to the highest difficulty they can reach on the tournament realm.
- The top six teams from the qualifier will be invited to the main tournament, where they will compete across the different Shadowlands and Legion dungeons to push their keystones as high as possible.
- Four dungeons will be revealed at the start of Day 1;
- One more dungeon will be revealed at the start of Day 2;
- The final dungeon will be revealed at the start of Day 3.
- To keep the stakes high, the bottom team at the end of each day will be eliminated, resulting in only four teams advancing to Day 3 and their shot at the championship.
- The winning team will be the one who has the highest overall score for dungeons pushed and will be crowned the champion.
- There are no pre-requisites required to play in the tournament, teams can sign up for The Great Push Season 2 until Monday, November 29!
This season, teams will be running through a half dozen dungeons including four from Shadowlands and two from Legion. Teams will be competing for a share of the $20,000 prize pool.
Check out more of the details by visiting the World of Warcraft MDI official site.