The past few years have not been the most exciting for gaming. This does not mean that great games haven’t been released. We received many great cross-platform titles, but still, one cannot ignore the huge gaps that the COVID-19 pandemic has left behind. The E3 exhibition has become the biggest event in gaming and showed the prospects for the development of the entire industry.
E3 2021 Concept
In mid-June, the game exhibition Electronic Entertainment Expo or E3 2021 took place in Los Angeles. Microsoft, Ubisoft, Capcom, and other developers of computer games showed their novelties there. Many journalists have received exclusives from developers and have already started writing reviews of upcoming projects following the example of the success of the Dead or Alive 2 slot review.
The organizers said that from the moment they decided to host E3 online, they have focused on providing fans around the world with an interactive experience that goes beyond typical live streaming. Many spectators and media were surprised that gaming companies decided to pay special attention to the global agenda this year and to talk about gender, race, and other complex topics.
Five Interesting Announcements from E3 2021
The role played by video games as a driver of the media and entertainment industry today imposes certain responsibilities on the industry. It is dictated by the high sensitivity of consumers and investors to complex topics. Therefore, several gaming companies decided to present their vision of certain values to the public and convey that the companies share them during the exhibition. Here are the announcements.
- Starfield. In the game, you can expect an open world, a universe with a detailed plot, and freedom of action. The release is planned for November 11, 2022.
- Battlefield 2042. The main feature of this multiplayer shooter should be disasters like a hurricane that can instantly change everything on the battlefield. The game is scheduled to be available in stores on October 22, 2021.
- Psychonauts 2. The game offers good madness, stylish graphics, and the gameplay of the classic 3D platformer. The release is scheduled for August 25, 2021.
- Age of Empires IV. It will be a classic RTS, where you will be able to choose among eight dissimilar nations and lead one of them to prosperity through the ages. You will be allowed to choose the nation to play for on October 28, 2021.
- Marvelʼs Guardians of the Galaxy. A whole universe will become open to us: with a non-linear storyline and tactical battles. However, only the Star-Lord himself will be directly controlled, but the rest of his famous team can be given instructions. The release will take place on October 26, 2021.
In total, 349 video games were presented as part of E3 broadcasts, from both small and large publishing companies. However, there were not so many high-profile announcements. Hopefully, at E3 2022, developers and publishers will bring more cool gaming news to gamers.