Firaxis Games has announced a robust schedule of new content coming to Civilization VI as part of what it is calling the Frontier Pass. Players who purchase the special pass beginning May 21st will receive a great deal of new content from now through March 2021. The great thing about the Civ6 Frontier Pass announcement is that there is no mystery about when players can expect new content and what they can expect to find in each available pack.
The Frontier Pass includes:
- Pack 1: Maya & Gran Columbia Pack – May 2020 – 2 new civilizations and leaders, a new game mode, new city-states, resources, and natural wonders.
- Pack 2: Ethiopia Pack – July 2020 – 1 new civilization and leader, one new game mode, one new district, and a pair of new buildings.
- Pack 3 – September 2020 – 2 new civilizations and leaders, one new game mode, one new world wonder, one new map.
- Pack 4 – November 2020 – 1 new civilization and leader, one new game mode, new city-states, and “numerous” new great people.
- Pack 5 – January 2021 – 1 new civilization and two new leaders, one new game mode, a new district, and two new buildings.
- Pack 6 – March 2021 – 1 new civilization and leader, one new game mode, new world wonders, and one new map.
In addition, there is an exclusive bonus for Pass owners:
“Two of Civilization VI’s leaders are transformed with a new look and new abilities when you lead America and France! “Rough Rider Teddy” excels at keeping the peace on his home continent, and “Magnificence Catherine” can use Luxuries to overwhelm the world with Culture and Tourism. Each Persona Pack contains a brand new take on a favorite leader, with a new leader model and background, new gameplay bonuses, and an updated agenda that reflects the changes to the leader’s personality. The Persona Packs are available exclusively to owners of the New Frontier Pass and will be delivered with the second add-on pack.”
Check out the video developer diary before heading off to the Civilization VI official site to learn more.