The developers from Blizzard Entertainment have taken to Twitter to reveal that the long-awaited remaster Diablo II: Resurrected is now available for pre-load on PC in preparation for the game’s launch on September 23rd. The Burning Hells weight about 30 GBs.
Pursue the mysterious Dark Wanderer and fight the denizens of hell as you uncover the fate of the Prime Evils Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, now in up to 4K (2160p) resolution on PC. Battle your way through icy caverns, horrific tombs filled with undead abominations, and frozen wastelands to the frigid summit of Mount Arreat and stop Baal, the Lord of Destruction.
- Remastered graphics—monsters, heroes, items, spells, all resurrected.
- An epic story told through five distinct acts.
- Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.
- Updated Battle.net support.
- Planned support for cross-progression—take your progress wherever you play.
- … and much more!
— Diablo (@Diablo) September 21, 2021
Additionally, the mad lads over at Wowhead have datamined all of the yet unseen remastered cinematics, namely both the beginning and the ending cinematics for Act III, Act IV, and Act V. Check them all out on the site!