It’s time to learn more about Diablo IV from the team behind it in the latest Blizzcon 2019 panel. Let’s see what’s coming!
D4 takes place decades after Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls. Cities have been ravaged, heaven suffered great losses and the gates have been closed. Humanity has been left to its own devices. Lilith, Mephisto’s daughter, returns against this background of despair. Lilith is the mother of humanity and represents that demonic half of our inner selves.
- It is a classic isometric ARPG. It will feature a dark, non-linear campaign.
- It features a shared open world with five different regions.
- There will be weather and day/night cycles and be able to explore hundreds of legendaries and hundreds of dungeons.
- Five classes will be included, though only three are being revealed at Blizzcon.
- When you play D4, everything will feel immersive and that it all honors the legacy of Diablo.
- It’s being built on a brand new engine.
- There will be brand new customization options to make the character of your dreams.
- The return of skill trees, rune words, and more customization options.
- World events will spawn in the game world.
- There will be mounts to travel across the world. They are customizable and players can change the armor, the displayed trophy, etc. Items will add buffs to players like less damage, travel speed, etc.
Barbarians will be able to use both 1- and 2-handed weapons and can equip four legendary items. This is accomplished using the “arsenal system”.
Druids are back from Diablo 2. Druids will use Storm and Earth magic. They will have vines, wolves, ravens as companions. They can turn into a werebear and werewolf. They will use seamless shapeshifting. You can start an attack in one form and finish in another.
The Sorceress uses elemental magic wreaks havoc. She controls the battlefield with Blizzard and Firewall.
The sense of world is new to D4. The world is an open world and you can be in charge of how you level. You can explore, do side content, etc. There are five zones to explore, each with their own biomes. There will be social hubs in towns and cities.