It’s time to choose your own adventure, traveler! Today marks a big day with the launch of Fighting Fantasy Legends for PC and mobile devices. Fans who fondly remember the iconic novels will be able to check out the game starting today.
Fighting Fantasy Legends
Nomad Games worked closely with the series authors, Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone, co-founders of Games Workshop. The two have been integral to keeping the game in harmony with the books. The game is working to combine both digital card gaming with “interactive fiction”. The really cool part is that the game will come out just in time for the series 35th anniversary this summer.
- Based on the multi-million selling series of Fighting Fantasy Books.
- A card-based role-playing game with Roguelike elements.
- Thousands of choices ensure that no two games are ever the same.
- Uses the classic Skill/Stamina/Luck attributes.
- Take on powerful adversaries, such as Balthus Dire, Zagor the Warlock and Zanbar Bone.
- Kill monsters and add them to your Creature Codex.
- Travel across the region of Northern Allansia.
- Introducing a dice combat system unique to this game, where the player can upgrade their dice as they level-up.
- Meet iconic characters, such as Nicodemus the Wizard, Gareth Yaztromo and O’Seamus the Leprechaun.
- Earn Titles based on your deeds.
- Three difficulty levels.
- Permadeath mode – not for the faint hearted.
- Play exciting dice games, such as Runestones, Knifey Knifey and Dwarf Dice.
The game is available on Steam for PC and for mobile devices. You can grab a copy for $8.99.