Today publisher Deep Silver and game developer 4A Games released the official story trailer from the forthcoming post-apocalyptic, FPS game Metro Exodus. The game was inspired by the internationally best selling novel, Metro 2035, by Dmitry Glukhovsky. As in the referenced “Metro” books, Metro Exodus serves as the third game in a trilogy of Metro games with its predecessors being Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light (with both having seen “Redux” re-releases by Deep Silver in 2014). The game is available on February 15th. Deep Silver revealed the following overview of the trailer:
Narrated from the perspective of Anna, the Spartan Order’s top sniper and Artyom’s wife, the Story Trailer explores the hostile world of Metro Exodus that lies in wait for the crew of the Aurora as they flee the ruins of Moscow and embark on an epic year-long journey into the unknown. Artyom always believed that there was life beyond the Metro – now his hopes and dreams will be put to the ultimate test in the crucible of the Russian wastelands.
About Metro Exodus:
The year is 2036. A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro. But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.
Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
- Discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day/night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequences in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
The game is available for pre-order now on PS4, Xbox One and PC in two different digital editions and two different physical editions. Pre-Order bonuses include:
- Xbox One – Digital Code for “Metro 2033 Redux” on Xbox One
- PlayStation 4 – Dynamic PlayStation 4 Dashboard Theme
- PC – Digital Artbook and Metro Exodus OST