BUDE, England – Jan. 15, 2019 – Players looking for a smashing-good time in PlayStation®VR can head to North American retail stores today to pick up Smash Hit Plunder. This is the first co-operative narrative campaign adventure game for PSVR and offers a truly physical VR experience, as players can throw, shake, eat, burn and generally annihilate everything in sight.
Set in the medieval and ghost-infested Castle Carvasso and its sprawling surroundings, Smash Hit Plunder players step into the boots of a young mage recently returned from magic school. While it initially seems the mage just inherited the dwelling of their dreams, the castle is magically locked up by a ghostly debt collector and it’s up to the player to wreak havoc throughout the grounds to find enough hidden treasure to pay off the debt and win back their home.
Smash Hit Plunder features:
- Full Campaign – Guided by a friendly ghost grandma, players traverse as a mage through Castle Carvasso and its surroundings, shattering and crushing everything in sight to collect enough treasure to pay off the family’s debt collector;
- Three Campaign Game Modes – Players can race against the clock in Treasure Hunt to gather as much as possible within the time limit, comb the grounds for a specific piece of loot in Scavenger Hunt, or explore the castle at their own pace in Free Play;
- Two-Person Multiplayer – Each game mode supports co-operative local multiplayer, so the VR mage can venture through the castle and face its ghostly inhabitants with a friend at their side;
- Two, up to Four-Player Versus Modes – Party games take on a new look in VR, as up to three DualShock players can challenge the VR Mage in special dungeons with Poltergeist Panic or Jewel Duel modes;
- Online Leaderboards – Crushing high scores is about as fun as smashing everything in sight, and players can fight for a place on the dynamic leaderboards, as well as test their mettle in an adaptive high score trial system that tailors itself to the player’s own style and skill level.
Smash Hit Plunder is available now for PlayStation®VR for $29.99 at North American retailers. The game has support for French, Spanish and English languages, and is rated E10+ by the ESRB.
To find screenshots, a trailer and North American pack shot, please click here.
About Perp Games
Perp Games, the publishing arm of Perpetual Europe, aims to help developers in any way possible, bringing extraordinary products to the market. Drawing from over 20 years’ experience across multiple disciplines, industries, and territories, the company has everything required to deliver sustained growth, whatever the challenge may be. The company’s success is based on great relationships and understanding exactly what clients want to achieve and how they want to do it. More info can be found at http://www.perpgames.com/.
About Triangular Pixels
Triangular Pixels is a Cornish independent games studio, founded by ex-Sony London Studio developers. Triangular Pixels has a passion for fun, light hearted, and manic local multiplayer gaming. They have previously released Unseen Diplomacy and Tracker VR. Smash Hit Plunder is their first major PSVR title.
About U&I Entertainment LLC
U&I (“Unsigned & Independent”) Entertainment provides global sales, operations and distribution services to independent developers and publishers of interactive entertainment. They have over 25 years’ experience of taking video games products to market around the world. In the United States they operate video game programs for Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Amazon, GameStop and Target. U&I Entertainment is headquartered in Minneapolis. More info can be found at www.uient.com.