A Valheim fan known as Salpati shared his creation, the Fantasy Followers Pack, via Nexusmods.com to add some custom RPG-style party NPC followers to the game. They even have custom abilities as well as weapons/armor from other mods.
The mod offers six companion classes: Ranger, Knight, Warrior, Sage, Scholar and Thief.
To summon a companion, you first need to gather the resources needed to craft the summoning totems and build them on some open place to spawn the NPC. To re-summon, rebuild the piece. The only way for them to unspawn is to get killed.
According to the creator,
- This Npc’s AI has been tweaked so they are always tamed when spawned and commandable.
- They have low damage but high health stats to serve mostly as a distraction when having a world full of mob enemy spawners.
- Player character cannot damage the npc’s, but can heal/buff them with spells.
- If you die while in combat, they will most likely continue the fight and wait for you in the area to go rescue them.
Check out the mod’s page on Nexusmods for the installation instructions and more information.
Your trials begin at the disarmingly peaceful centre of Valheim, but the gods reward the brave and glory awaits. Venture forth through imposing forests and snow-capped mountains, explore and harvest more valuable materials to craft deadlier weapons, sturdier armor, viking strongholds and outposts. Build a mighty longship and sail the great oceans in search of exotic lands … but be wary of sailing too far…
- Huge procedurally-generated world – explore and inhabit mystical lands, from mysterious forests to imposing snow-topped mountain ranges and stunning meadows, complete with their own creatures of legend to battle and wildlife to hunt.
- Co-op PvE (2-10 players) – – Whether you want to brave the lands alone or venture with trusted allies, Valheim supports independent, player-hosted servers and unlimited world creation. We recommend playing co-op with 3-5 players.
- Punishing dodge & block-based combat system with a wide range of weapons
- Build & sail ships – from flimsy rafts to imposing warships, build legendary vessels to conquer the seas and discover new lands.
- Summon and defeat vengeful primordial bosses of myth and legend, and collect trophies to progress and craft new powerful items
- Flexible house and base building system – raise mead halls, farms, settlements outposts, castles and more.
- Intuitive item crafting – forge the finest weapons and armour, and craft food and mead.
- Dedicated server- for players who want to run a persistent server.