THQ Nordic and Piranha Bytes have shared the announcement trailer for ELEX II, arriving at a later date on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, and Xbox One. Dive into a huge, hand-crafted, completely unique world with multiple factions and diverse environments set in a post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe.
Several years after Jax defeated the Hybrid, a new threat arrives from the sky, unleashing the dangerous powers of dark Elex and endangering all life on the planet. In order to defend the peace on Magalan and the safety of his own family, Jax embarks on a mission to convince the factions to unite against the invaders, as well as a personal quest to find his son, Dex, who got separated from him …
The game allows you to:
- explore the planet of Magalan with unprecedented freedom, using your trusted jetpack to traverse the map and even fly
- interact with a lived-in world, full of unique NPCs, who…
- …will remember what you’ve done and react accordingly
- …will join or leave your group depending on how you behave
- …are able to be killed, which will have an effect on the story
- engage in fluid close and ranged combat with a massively improved control system
- experience a story where your actions have consequences, immersing you in a world of moral decisions
German site GameStar.de shared some details of the upcoming game:
- Jax is returning!
- There will be no save import/export from the original Elex to the sequel
- Players can look forward to enhanced jetpack and flying around in the open world
- The game will feature multiple factions and a completely overhauled combat system
- None of the previous Piranha Bytes games had as many lines of dialogue as Elex 2
- The game will be roughly 60 hours long unless you are pursuing a completionist playthrough
- Elex 2 has a high replay value
- The companion system returns
- The morality system has been revised
If you are unfamiliar with Elex, consider checking out our review.