Nintendo Switch fans who like their combat action on the go will be pleased to hear that Commandos 2 HD Remaster will be landing later this week on December 4th. Developers boast of plenty of improvements to the game as compared to the original while simultaneously retaining the grit and charm of the original game. Most notably, players will find HD graphics as well as retooled controls, UI, and an improved tutorial.
The full list of changes and improvements from the original include:
- Re-imagined in HD with reworked controls, modernized UI, and an overhauled tutorial.
- The Commandos series’ first appearance on Nintendo Switch: rotate the environment 360 degrees move seamlessly in and out of buildings, submarines, planes and underwater, and zoom in and out of the environment.
- Interactive environments: steal enemy uniforms and weapons, climb poles, swing from cables, swim, utilize vehicles, and climb in/out of buildings, ships, and planes.
- Control nine unique commandos, each with different skills and specializations including a green beret, sniper, demolition expert, diver, seductress, and thief.
- Authentic WWII scenarios: 10 missions spanning 9 different environments in night and day, with realistic weather effects.
- The choice is yours: how you tackle each mission is up to you. Experiment with skills and weapons in a challenging “against the odds” gameplay style.
- WWII vehicles and weapons, including jeeps, tanks, trucks, ships, bazookas, and flame-throwers.
Check out the Commandos 2 HD Remaster trailer before heading to the game’s official site to learn more.